Ceasefire and shocking defeat for the enemy
22 November 2012
by Ismail Thawabta
Firstly, I would like to send warm condolences to families of the Palestinian martyrs and to the wounded. Nearly 160 Palestinian were killed including 42 children, 11 women and 18 elderly persons, and 1222 others were wounded including 431 children, 207 women and 88 elderly.
These statistics indicate that the occupation was brutal and ferocious, and its military intelligence was so deficient they didn’t know what to do. As a result they did whatever they could to inflict the maximum pain on the people of the Gaza Strip through the killing of women, children, and the elderly, journalists and other civilians.
Praise to our heroic people who presented a great example of survival, generosity and sacrifice.
Now, we are going to discuss something else.
In previous years, the Palestinian resistance was not capable of winning battles with the Israeli enemy in the manner we have witnessed today. The united Palestinian resistance have succeeded in achieving, to a considerable extent, a balance of power and deterrence that we never expected at all. Better still, the occupation forces, with all their military might including aircraft, tanks and warships failed to subdue the will of the resistance.
Today the enemy backed off, and announced that Israel is ready to implement a ceasefire in accordance with the conditions laid down by the valiant Palestinian Resistance. This time is different. Netanyahu and his ministers have raised the white flag and surrendered to the valiant Resistance. Israel contacted more than 10 regional states and Europe in order to intervene with Hamas, who convinced them to accept the truce.
Israel is asking for calm, and the Resistance is imposing the conditions in an advanced step sccoring more points in their favor. On the other hand, the Israeli Interior front is deteriorating.
The enemy (Israel) led by Netanyahu fell to its knees and bowed its head in front of the greatness and might of the Palestinian Resistance, which crossed what were considered Israel’s red lines.
This Israeli retreat establishes the methodology that Hamas seeks in the next battle of liberation.
Journalists and media professionals in this battle demonstrated heroism of the highest order. Their role in exposing the crimes of the occupation is well-known. This is what lead Israel to deliberately target and bomb media institutions, journalists and media workers. Journalists risked their lives for the truth. We highly appreciate and respect their dedication, and they deserve the highest accolades for all their work.
There is an equation that never leaves our minds, nor the minds of the Israeli occupation. This equation can be translated as follows:
1. The resistance succeeded in targeting cities in the 1948-occupied Palestine such as Tel Aviv and Occupied Jerusalem.
2. The resistance dared to cross a red line that was never reported by the occupation, namely, targeting war-planes and successfully destroying more than one type of aircraft.
3. The resistance used mortar rockets, which form a severe blow to the Zionist military intelligence.
4. The resistance also targeted the navy and hit Israeli warships in the sea, forcing them to retreat from the coast.
5. The resistance succeeded in targeting jeeps and tanks more than three times, using Kornet and other types of missiles.
6. The resistance reported bombing cities in 1948-occupied Palestine using Fajr-5 model, resulting in confusion in occupation reporting.
7. The resistance struck a blow to the occupation when announced it was using M75 missile. M for Maqadmah, a Hamas leader who was assassinated by Israel, and 75 for the distance 75 Km.
8. The resistance repeatedly launched Grad rockets, which caused panic among the occupation and the settlers. As a result, they left their homes to live in underground shelters.
9. The resistance used missiles of the type 107, which raised the ire of the occupation, and turned the streets of Israel into ghost towns.
10. The final straw from the resistance on the last day, was a rearguard action, the bombing of a bus in Tel Aviv.
In addition to this, Israeli occupation forces failed once again to achieve the goals set by Israeli leader before the aggression on the Gaza Strip. The Israeli operation aims against the Gaza Strip were as follows:
1. to stop all types of rockets from the Gaza Strip. The Occupation failed and, on the contrary, they increased, surprising occupation forces.
2. to assassinate Hamas leaders, to overthrow its government, and to assassinate leaders of the resistance. Doomed to failure.
3. to eliminate weapons stores. The occupation forces failed, and rockets continued rain on them until the last minute.
4. to secure the buffer zone. Failure. The resistance continued to target border patrols using Kornet missiles.
Again, all praise to our proud steadfast Palestinian people. We wish the highest reward for our heroes and martyrs. We wish a speedy recovery for the brave wounded Palestinians. We pray to God to give strength our people.
Translation: Mohammed Mustafa
Revision: Julie Webb-Pullman