The Public Employees’ Union in Gaza has announced a comprehensive strike on Tuesday and closes all ministries, institutions and government departments except for hospitals and emergency medical services.
There is no truth to what is being propagated through some media about the Interior Ministry’s demand for citizens to evacuate the Great March of Return camps.
Spokesman for the Ministry of Interior and National Security
Monday 14 May, 2018
GENEVA (May 14, 2018) — At the conclusion of its 95th Session, the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination issued the following Statement:
PREVENTION OF RACIAL DISCRIMINATION, INCLUDING EARLY WARNING AND URGENT ACTION PROCEDURES
The Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, meeting in Geneva at its ninety-fifth session, from 23 April to 11 May 2018,
Acting under its Early Warning and Urgent Action Procedures;
Alarmed by the disproportionate use of force displayed by the Israeli Security Forces (ISF) against Palestinian demonstrators who have been taking part, since 30 March, in the so called ‘the Great March of Return’ in Gaza, which has resulted in the death of at least 40 people, among them five children and in thousands of persons being injured;
Gravely concerned that many of the persons who died or were injured were reportedly posing no imminent threat at the time they were shot;
Alarmed also by the many reports according to which Israeli authorities have denied and continue to deny access to urgent medical treatment to injured Palestinians;
Highly concerned that these incidents are taking place in a context marked by the 50 year- occupation of the Palestinian territory, the blockade imposed since 2007 on the Gaza strip and a rise of racist hate speech and incitement to racist violence against Palestinians by Israeli governmental officials and members of the ISF;
Deeply worried about persisting discriminatory practices against Palestinians by Israel as well as the absence of adequate accountability mechanisms, which would permit Palestinians to seek justice for the human rights violations to which they are subjected and the failure to hold members of the ISF accountable;
Concerned that while the State party publicly announced the conduct of an investigation into these events, an independent and impartial investigation has not yet taken place;
Recalling the provisions enshrined in the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, to which Israel has been a party since 1979 and in particular the obligations contained in articles 2 1), 4 and 5 b) and d) as well as the concluding observations on Israel issued by the Committee in 2012 (CERD/C/ISR/CO/14-16), especially paragraphs 10, 23, 24 and 26;
The Committee urges the State party to:
- Put an immediate end to the disproportionate use of force against Palestinian demonstrators in the Gaza strip, refrain from any act that could lead to further casualties and ensure prompt and unimpeded access to medical treatment to injured Palestinian;
- Initiate an impartial and independent investigation into the use of force against Palestinian demonstrators in compliance with international standards and hold those responsible accountable;
- Ensurethat all Palestinians under its effective control enjoy full rights under the Convention without discrimination especially, their right to life and security of person, freedom of opinion and expression, as well as their right to medical care;
- Takeall the necessary measures to fully implement the recommendations made by the Committee in 2012 and in particular:
- a) To fully respect the norms of humanitarian law in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and to lift the blockade of the Gaza strip;
- b) To counter the tide of racism and xenophobia in public discourse, in particular by strongly condemning all racist and xenophobic statements by public officials and political and religious leaders, and by implementing appropriate measures to combat the proliferation of racist acts and manifestations of racist hate speech that particularly target Palestinians in the territories under the State party’s effective control.
8 May 2018
14 May, 2018 17:45
43 MARTYRS 2,238 INJURED
UPDATE OF NAMES OF THOSE MURDERED BY ISRAELI SOLDIERS IN GAZA WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE GREAT MARCH OF RETURN
1. Azzeddin Musa Mohammed Al-Sammak, 14 years old.
2. Fadel Fazat Izzat Sheikh Khalil, 15 years old.
3. Ahmad Adel Mousa Al-Sha’er, 16 years old.
4. Said Mohammed Abu al-Khair, 16 years.
5. Ibrahim Ahmed Zarqa, 18 years old.
6. Emad Ali Sadeq Al-Sheikh, 19 years old.
7. Ziad Mohammed Hassan Omar, 19 years old.
8. Mu’tasim Fawzi Abu Luli, 20 years old.
9. Anas Hamdan Salem Qudeih, 21 years old.
10. Mohammed Abdel-Salam Haraz, 21 years.
11. Yehia Ismail Ragab Al-Dakour, 22 years old.
12. Mustafa Mohamed Samir Mahmoud El Masry, 22 years.
13. Azzedine Nahed Al-Aweiti, 23 years old.
14. Mahmoud Mustafa Ahmed Assaf, 23 years.
15. Ahmed Fayez Harb Shehada, 23 years.
16. Ahmad Awadallah, 24 years old.
17. Khalil Ismail Khalil Mansour, 25 years.
18. Mohammed Ashraf Abu Stah, 26 years
19. Bilal Ahmed Abu Daqqa, 26 years old
20. Ahmed Majid Qassem Attallah, 27 years old
21. Mahmoud Rabah Abu Muammar, 28 years old.
22. Mus’ab Yousef Abu Lailiya, 28 years old.
23. Ahmad Fawzi al-Tatar, 28 years old.
24. Mohammed Abdulrahman Miqdad, 28 years old.
25. Salem Salem Farhan, 30 years old.
26. Jihad Al-Farra, 30 years.
27. Fadi Hassan Abu Salmi, 30 years old.
28- Bassam Kamel al-Nuno, 31, is a general.
29. Mohammed Riyad Abdel Rahman Al-Amoudi, 31 years.
30. Jihad Mohammed Osman Musa, 31 years old.
31. Shaher Mahmoud Mohammed Al-Madhoun, 32 years old.
32. Musa Jaber Abdel Salam Abu Hassanein, 35 years old.
33- Mohammed Mahmoud Abdel-Moati Abdel-Al ,39 years.
34. Ahmed Mohammed Ibrahim Hamdan, 27 years old.
35. Ismail Khalil Ramadan Al Dahouk, 30 years.
36. Ahmed Mahmoud Mohammed Rantisi, 27 years.
37. Anwar Ahmed Al-Khatib, 28 years old.
38. Mahmoud Yahya Abdel Wahab Hussein, 24 years.
39. Ahmed Abdullah Al-Adini, 30 years.
40. Sa’adi Saeed Fahmi Abu Salah, 16 years old.
41. Ahmed Zuhair Hamed Al Shawa ,24 years.
42. Mohammed Hani Hani Al-Najjar’, 33 years.
43. Fadel Mohamed Atta Habashi, 34 years old.
by Alaa al-Rimawi
The Zionist entity is gearing up to confront the mass participation and expansion of the Great March of Return amidst internal Israeli conflict on techniques needed to quell this peaceful form of resistance, which is capable of gaining worldwide support.
Anyone can notice the Zionist confusion through the statements issued by Israeli politicians or senior officers of the Zionist army, who differ in their description of the Great March of Return and the techniques needed to quell these peaceful protests. Some of the steps taken by the Zionist occupation and the US to deter it are: