14 May, 2018 17:45
43 MARTYRS 2,238 INJURED
UPDATE OF NAMES OF THOSE MURDERED BY ISRAELI SOLDIERS IN GAZA WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE GREAT MARCH OF RETURN
1. Azzeddin Musa Mohammed Al-Sammak, 14 years old.
2. Fadel Fazat Izzat Sheikh Khalil, 15 years old.
3. Ahmad Adel Mousa Al-Sha’er, 16 years old.
4. Said Mohammed Abu al-Khair, 16 years.
5. Ibrahim Ahmed Zarqa, 18 years old.
6. Emad Ali Sadeq Al-Sheikh, 19 years old.
7. Ziad Mohammed Hassan Omar, 19 years old.
8. Mu’tasim Fawzi Abu Luli, 20 years old.
9. Anas Hamdan Salem Qudeih, 21 years old.
10. Mohammed Abdel-Salam Haraz, 21 years.
11. Yehia Ismail Ragab Al-Dakour, 22 years old.
12. Mustafa Mohamed Samir Mahmoud El Masry, 22 years.
13. Azzedine Nahed Al-Aweiti, 23 years old.
14. Mahmoud Mustafa Ahmed Assaf, 23 years.
15. Ahmed Fayez Harb Shehada, 23 years.
16. Ahmad Awadallah, 24 years old.
17. Khalil Ismail Khalil Mansour, 25 years.
18. Mohammed Ashraf Abu Stah, 26 years
19. Bilal Ahmed Abu Daqqa, 26 years old
20. Ahmed Majid Qassem Attallah, 27 years old
21. Mahmoud Rabah Abu Muammar, 28 years old.
22. Mus’ab Yousef Abu Lailiya, 28 years old.
23. Ahmad Fawzi al-Tatar, 28 years old.
24. Mohammed Abdulrahman Miqdad, 28 years old.
25. Salem Salem Farhan, 30 years old.
26. Jihad Al-Farra, 30 years.
27. Fadi Hassan Abu Salmi, 30 years old.
28- Bassam Kamel al-Nuno, 31, is a general.
29. Mohammed Riyad Abdel Rahman Al-Amoudi, 31 years.
30. Jihad Mohammed Osman Musa, 31 years old.
31. Shaher Mahmoud Mohammed Al-Madhoun, 32 years old.
32. Musa Jaber Abdel Salam Abu Hassanein, 35 years old.
33- Mohammed Mahmoud Abdel-Moati Abdel-Al ,39 years.
34. Ahmed Mohammed Ibrahim Hamdan, 27 years old.
35. Ismail Khalil Ramadan Al Dahouk, 30 years.
36. Ahmed Mahmoud Mohammed Rantisi, 27 years.
37. Anwar Ahmed Al-Khatib, 28 years old.
38. Mahmoud Yahya Abdel Wahab Hussein, 24 years.
39. Ahmed Abdullah Al-Adini, 30 years.
40. Sa’adi Saeed Fahmi Abu Salah, 16 years old.
41. Ahmed Zuhair Hamed Al Shawa ,24 years.
42. Mohammed Hani Hani Al-Najjar’, 33 years.
43. Fadel Mohamed Atta Habashi, 34 years old.
14 May, 2018 at 2pm
Gaza Ministry of Health
The toll of the injuries of the Great Peaceful March of Return resulting from the Israeli occupation attacks in the eastern Gaza Strip:
918 injuries – 584 in hospitals, 334 treated at medical points
74 injured children plus 1 martyr
Cause of injuries
448 live bullets
3 metal-coated rubber bullets
64 fragments of the body
83 other injuries.
Place of injuries in the body
32 in the neck and head
49 in the upper limbs
19 in the back and chest
18 in the abdomen and pelvis
413 in the lower limbs
320 inhalation gas
67 in multiple places
Direct targeting of medical staff and journalists.
1 injury – medical staff
8 injuries – journalists
1 vehicle partially damaged
Anas Hamdan Qdeih, 21 years, east of Khan Younis.
Mus’ab Yousef Ibrahim Abu Laila, 28 years, east of Jabalia.
Mohammed Ashraf AbuSettah, 26
Obeida Salem Farhan, 30
Ahmed Abu Daggah, 26
Jihad Mofeed AlFarra, 30
Izz al-Din Musa al-Sammak, 9 years, of Al-Bureij
Izz al-Din Nahid al-Aweiti, 22 years, of Maan.
Fadi Hassan Abu Salmi (Abu Salah) 30, Algerian, killed at Abasan al-Kabeer. Shot in the chest.
Ahmed Awadallah, 24, East of Gaza
Mohammed Fawzi Abu Luli, 20
Hammad Mohammed Mahmoud AbdelAal
Ahmed Adel Musa AlShaer, 16 years
Abdelrahman Abdelrahman Ali Meqdad
Unknown martyr at Al Najjar Hospital
Shaher Al Madhoun
- Captain Musa Jaber Abu Hassanein, 36, Civil Defence – while saving injured near the eastern cemetery east of Gaza City.
22 November 2012
by Ismail Thawabta
Firstly, I would like to send warm condolences to families of the Palestinian martyrs and to the wounded. Nearly 160 Palestinian were killed including 42 children, 11 women and 18 elderly persons, and 1222 others were wounded including 431 children, 207 women and 88 elderly.
These statistics indicate that the occupation was brutal and ferocious, and its military intelligence was so deficient they didn’t know what to do. As a result they did whatever they could to inflict the maximum pain on the people of the Gaza Strip through the killing of women, children, and the elderly, journalists and other civilians.
Praise to our heroic people who presented a great example of survival, generosity and sacrifice.
Now, we are going to discuss something else.
In previous years, the Palestinian resistance was not capable of winning battles with the Israeli enemy in the manner we have witnessed today. The united Palestinian resistance have succeeded in achieving, to a considerable extent, a balance of power and deterrence that we never expected at all. Better still, the occupation forces, with all their military might including aircraft, tanks and warships failed to subdue the will of the resistance.
Today the enemy backed off, and announced that Israel is ready to implement a ceasefire in accordance with the conditions laid down by the valiant Palestinian Resistance. This time is different. Netanyahu and his ministers have raised the white flag and surrendered to the valiant Resistance. Israel contacted more than 10 regional states and Europe in order to intervene with Hamas, who convinced them to accept the truce.
Israel is asking for calm, and the Resistance is imposing the conditions in an advanced step sccoring more points in their favor. On the other hand, the Israeli Interior front is deteriorating.
The enemy (Israel) led by Netanyahu fell to its knees and bowed its head in front of the greatness and might of the Palestinian Resistance, which crossed what were considered Israel’s red lines.
This Israeli retreat establishes the methodology that Hamas seeks in the next battle of liberation.
Journalists and media professionals in this battle demonstrated heroism of the highest order. Their role in exposing the crimes of the occupation is well-known. This is what lead Israel to deliberately target and bomb media institutions, journalists and media workers. Journalists risked their lives for the truth. We highly appreciate and respect their dedication, and they deserve the highest accolades for all their work.
There is an equation that never leaves our minds, nor the minds of the Israeli occupation. This equation can be translated as follows:
1. The resistance succeeded in targeting cities in the 1948-occupied Palestine such as Tel Aviv and Occupied Jerusalem.
2. The resistance dared to cross a red line that was never reported by the occupation, namely, targeting war-planes and successfully destroying more than one type of aircraft.
3. The resistance used mortar rockets, which form a severe blow to the Zionist military intelligence.
4. The resistance also targeted the navy and hit Israeli warships in the sea, forcing them to retreat from the coast.
5. The resistance succeeded in targeting jeeps and tanks more than three times, using Kornet and other types of missiles.
6. The resistance reported bombing cities in 1948-occupied Palestine using Fajr-5 model, resulting in confusion in occupation reporting.
7. The resistance struck a blow to the occupation when announced it was using M75 missile. M for Maqadmah, a Hamas leader who was assassinated by Israel, and 75 for the distance 75 Km.
8. The resistance repeatedly launched Grad rockets, which caused panic among the occupation and the settlers. As a result, they left their homes to live in underground shelters.
9. The resistance used missiles of the type 107, which raised the ire of the occupation, and turned the streets of Israel into ghost towns.
10. The final straw from the resistance on the last day, was a rearguard action, the bombing of a bus in Tel Aviv.
In addition to this, Israeli occupation forces failed once again to achieve the goals set by Israeli leader before the aggression on the Gaza Strip. The Israeli operation aims against the Gaza Strip were as follows:
1. to stop all types of rockets from the Gaza Strip. The Occupation failed and, on the contrary, they increased, surprising occupation forces.
2. to assassinate Hamas leaders, to overthrow its government, and to assassinate leaders of the resistance. Doomed to failure.
3. to eliminate weapons stores. The occupation forces failed, and rockets continued rain on them until the last minute.
4. to secure the buffer zone. Failure. The resistance continued to target border patrols using Kornet missiles.
Again, all praise to our proud steadfast Palestinian people. We wish the highest reward for our heroes and martyrs. We wish a speedy recovery for the brave wounded Palestinians. We pray to God to give strength our people.
Translation: Mohammed Mustafa
Revision: Julie Webb-Pullman